In an effort to help continue to improve our Pick-Up and Drop-Off process, below are a few very important reminders.
Off Campus Parking & Traffic
- Parking in the commercial business park on the corner of Prue & Southwell is not permitted. Please be advised the business park has made it abundantly clear that they will notify law enforcement and you may be subject to ticketing or tow.
- In the same respect, using the business park as a place to conduct a U-Turn may also result in a traffic fine.
- Please do not block driveways and roads while waiting on Prue Rd.
- If you need to wait for pick-up, please do not park on Prue Rd. We have made alternate arrangements with the First Chinese Baptist Church, just west of the school on Prue Road, so that our families can wait in a secure location and not interrupt the normal traffic flow. At 3:15, or 1:15 on early release days, you may proceed to the campus for pick-up.
- We want to be good neighbors to our surrounding communities, so we appreciate your cooperation. Please refer to the map below for the location of the First Chinese Baptist Church.
Follow Staff Instructions
- Please ensure that you are following our traffic staff instructions. Whether in the front of the campus or in the back, our traffic staff is there to ensure the safety of your scholars. If they ask you to stop your vehicle, please remain stopped until given instructions to proceed. There have been several instances in the first few days that staff members were nearly hit.
- Do not unload your students until a staff member is present next to your vehicle and/or opens your door. If you have older scholars, please instruct them not to open their doors until a staff member is present.
Entry and Exit
- There is only ONE approved entry and exit point onto our campus, and that is our main entrance on Prue/Research Dr. The Legacy Hill entrance may NOT be used at any time, except by emergency personnel only (Fire, Police, and EMT). This entry point will be coned or chained off. Please do not attempt to remove the cones or chain. For reference, please see the map linked here.
- If you need to pick your child up before the end of the school day you will need to do so prior to 2:40 p.m. (12:40 p.m. on early release Friday). The end of the school day is a critical time for our scholars. They will be packing up, receiving announcements, conducting agenda checks, along with finishing the day’s curriculum. When parents attempt to pick-up during this end-of-the-day time it becomes a severe disruption to the classroom. Please plan accordingly.
Wave times are our best option for ensuring less traffic build up on Prue Rd. Your wave time is the time that your vehicle should be arriving on campus to pick up your students. If your wave time is later, and you are worried about your scholar waiting too long, their time will not go idly by. The will use that time to catch up on reading their Classics to Keep in class.
Not adhering to wave times may result in:
- Redirecting or ticketing by Law Enforcement if right turn lane is block past the orange cones
- A much slower pick up process
In past years, we have noted that our traffic on campus during pick-up is much improved when wave times are followed. Please help us to reduce your wait time by adhering to your wave time. Please refer to the Wave Time logic tree linked here.
Lane Three Pick-Up Procedures
- Lane 3 will ONLY be used by families who have a Middle School scholar (6-8 grade), and who have NO Elementary School siblings (K-5 grade) enrolled on our campus. In other words, if you have a Kinder through Fifth grade scholar enrolled at our campus, do NOT use lane three for pick-up.
- Lane 3 pick-up procedures also apply to carpoolers. If you have Elementary School scholars (K-5 grade) in your carpool, you will proceed to lanes 1 or 2. If your carpool consists of only middle schoolers, you will proceed to lane 3.
- Bright colored stickers will be used to identify lane three, please place the sticker on your pick up placard, and prominently display your placard, preferably on your rear view mirror, so you may be easily identified and redirected into lane 3. Placards on dashboards are very difficult to see, especially with an afternoon window glare.
- Don’t have a sticker? Please let us know and we will make sure you receive one.
- You may ONLY used the front entrance to the school if you are walking.
- Please wait for the officer’s instructions before you cross Research Dr. at the crosswalks.
- Walking families must use the railed sidewalk or the gravel sidewalk along the construction area leading to our campus.
- Please wait for a staff member to stop traffic before you attempt to cross the crosswalk in our parking lot.
- There will be a staff member there to help you cross safely.
- If you choose to park somewhere nearby and walk, you do so at your own risk, knowing that your vehicle may be ticketed or towed. Our campus will not assist you in dismissing any violations you may receive.
- If you are walking from the neighborhood behind our campus, or any of the neighborhoods across the street from our campus, please only use the designated crossing areas displayed in the map linked here.
- Do not attempt to walk through the Legacy Hill entrance with your scholars. You will be asked to go back around and use the front entrance to the school.
There is an adage that Headmaster Doughty uses often, “Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.” Our goal is to create a smooth process with our pick-up and drop-off procedures and thereby increasing the speed at which we operate. You can help ensure a smooth process by slowing down and following our recommendations.